Safety, Health and Environmental and Responsible Care Policy Statement
The Management and employees of Arch Wood Protection (SA) (Pty) Ltd are committed to achieving our Responsible Care vision of “The Goal is Zero”. We constantly strive towards the implementation of good environmental, health, safety and security practices to achieve the vision of no accidents, no injuries and harm to the environment.
We are committed to ensure that manufacturing and distribution activities are carried out responsibly and controlled to preserve the safety, health and security of our employees, contractors and visitors and that of the environment.
To achieve our objectives the company will adhere to the following principles:
- Comply with or exceed all legal, Responsible Care and other requirements relating to the environment, safety, health, security, product/process development, product manufacturing/stewardship and distribution.
- Formulate annual business objectives and targets with significant impact on the environment, health, safety, distribution, security and product stewardship aspects of our business.
- Continuously improve the Responsible Care Management System. Commit to train all employees/contractors on the implementation and maintenance of the system. Meet all of our Corporate, Stakeholder, Community and Staff requirements.
- Effectively Communicate our Responsible Care and environmental, safety, health, distribution and security policy, practices and issues openly with our internal and external stakeholders
- Implement and maintain effective safety, health, environmental, distribution and security management schemes in all of our manufacturing and distribution activities by:
- Continuously improve, reduce and prevent environmental pollution, work related illnesses, accidents and incidents.
- Conserve and minimize energy, material usage and waste generation.
- Effective and responsible waste management and disposal.
- Maintain a high awareness of these issues in the workforce.
- Monitor the effectiveness and continuous improvement through regular audits and management reviews.